Trying to stay healthy when always on the go
The struggle is real you guys. The constant travel for work can have us getting sick or battling sicknesses or just feeling run down. Whether you’re flying, driving, or even staying local, making sure we stay healthy is a must because as we all know, #theshowmustgoon
We’re starting off 2020 with a health crisis in certain parts of the World. Cold and flu season is always a pain, but COVID_19 is taking cold and flu season to a whole new level. With that being said, I wanted to run down some of our office’s top tips for traveling and doing what we can to stay healthy when on the go.
All this being said – we don’t recommend travelling right now. We should all be doing our part to help flatten the curve, so we can come out on the other side of this outbreak.
- Don’t touch your face – this is the easiest way for cold and flu bugs to get into your system
- Always cover your mouth/nose when coughing/sneezing
- Wash hands constantly
- Use hand sanitizer and/or wet wipes to keep your hands and surfaces clean. Especially those arm rests and tray tables on airplanes – gross!
- Keep your consumption of H20 up to stay hydrated. Make time to drink water, even when busy! So really, this applies always 🙂
- Keep up with your daily vitamins
- Oil of oregano and zinc are must haves in my (Ashley) travel routine
- Keep skin moisturized as cold and flu bugs can find their way into your body through cracked skin
- Allow yourself some downtime upon arrival to let your body adjust
- Try to find a little time for exercise. No need to go for a 21KM / 13M run by any means, but just move your body. Go for a walk, go for a run (if you want – I do), do some yoga, or lift some weights in the gym. Whatever you have time for, and whatever you prefer to do.
- If your hotel has a steam room (or even a sauna), take advantage; the heat is good for rejuvenation and i’ll put some eucalyptus oil roller on my temples and sinuses before hitting the steam room.
- Travel with a scarf – two for one product! Keep yourself warm because sometimes a plane or train is absolutely freezing, but also use to cover your mouth/nose whether you’re feeling a little off, or if you just want to protect yourself.
What are some of your tips to keep yourself healthy when on the go for business or pleasure? Cause honestly, who has time to be sick?!